Registering for Mayor’s Summer Reading Club
Dallas Public Library Website Direct link to reading club:
· Choose the “Child or Teen” tab; if you want to sign up too then choose the “Adult” tab.
· Click on “Sign Me Up”
· Fill in your child’s information.
A * is required information. Winners of the grand prizes will be notified by phone, so be sure to enter a working number.
If you have questions about how to log reading time check online for information at the above websites or see your Dallas Public Librarian. Also, if you don’t have computer access, go to the library and they can enter your reading time for you.
Reading, Prizes, & Library Events
1. Read; Ages 0-6 read 3 hours a week Ages 7-18 read 5 hours a week
2. Log your total time spent reading books, magazines, comics, listening to audiobooks, or being read to.
3. Go to a Dallas Public Library branch and collect your weekly prize.
4. Participate at least 6 of the 8 weeks to be entered into the grand prize drawing.
Week 1-Book and Auntie Anne’s Pretzel coupon
Week 2-Dallas Children’s Theater ticket and Mesquite Rodeo ticket
Week 3-Pick 2 of 3: Ringling Bros. Circus ticket (12 & under), Ear buds, MSRC tote bag
Week 4-Nonfiction book and Benihana kid’s meal (12 & under) OR SMU Meadows Museum (12 & up)
Week 5-Texas Ranger’s ticket, Chipotle coupon, & Nasher voucher
Week 6-Zoo ticket and mood pencil
Week 7-FC Dallas ticket, Legoland voucher, and a sticker
Week 8-Book and certificate of completion
In 2013, adults were added to the club. Adults modeling good reading habits is a sure way to encourage children to become lifelong readers! Participating adult club members will log the books they have read by entering the title and author (or publication) online or at their local branch along with a brief review about what they've read. Two prize drawings for adults will be held during the eight week program. Adults may select which prizes they would like their entries to go toward.
MSRC Kick-off Party @ every DPL Branch June 7th
Weekly Events and Programs @ every DPL Branch: www.dallaslibrary2.org